martedì 12 ottobre 2010

Parce que vous n'avez pas le droit d'être salissant, même lorsque vous cuisinez



I Have been pretty busy in the last days and my lack of inspiration has been crucial for my absence from the blog. I've being doing some shopping, revising, cooking and practising my social skills in lovely house parties and I reminded to myself that in life you take pleasure where you can.
I was chatting with a friend of mine few days ago, it was lunch time, and I was telling him how fascinating to me is his attention for beauty in everything he does, and so I started to think about beauty.

Beauty and food.
Because obviously now that I'm back in the countryside I have more time for myself and I have more chances to taste and love the gentle flavour of local products.
I know it doesn't sound as entertaining as the spicy shenanigans of the city but it has the earthy feeling of a garlic based italian relish.

I love to cook and I love my plate to look refined, inviting and tasteful but as I am only 21 and I have no professional experience when it comes about food I rely on the internet. Let me share with you then some of my favourite websited dedicated to food.

Whether you are a food novice or an experienced cook, WAITROSE.COM will make sure that its Glossary will help you with the neverending number of recipes.
Another great source for daily suppers if italian giallozafferano.it which I am really sad can be used only by italian-speakers but whose helpful videos are an extraordinary tool.
The last one is BBC.co.uk/food, and you might object with the terrible clichè that wants the britons to be terrible with food; indeed I believe this is not true and that this unfair stereotypes has made them very receptive to "International" food ( as to be said that I've discovered many new italian recipes from this website and I also found my new crush: Nigella Lawson.

Daughter of one of the most prominent politicians in Margaret Thatcher's government, Nigel Lawson, the young Nigella was a shy child who, although intelligent, struggled with her schooling. Having moved schools a total of five times by the time she was 18, she eventually secured a place at Oxford to read Medieval and Modern Languages. A successful career in Journalism followed and she went on to become the Deputy Literary Editor of The Sunday Times, before turning freelance and writing for such publications as The Guardian and Daily Telegraph. Her love of food started to cross-over into her writing when she was asked to write a food column for The Spectator magazine.

In 1992, Nigella married fellow journalist and broadcaster John Diamond and the couple had two children, Cosima and Bruno. Diamond was instrumental in encouraging his wife to write and helped shape her image ‘make-over’. Published in 1998 her first book, ‘How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food’, was the springboard to her Channel 4 TV series, ‘Nigella Bites’. Thanks to Nigella’s unique approach to food and effortless charm, the show became a huge success and the second series was accompanied another, which helped push her worldwide book sales past the 1.5 million mark. In 2000, Nigella turned her attentions to the art of baking with the publication of ‘How To Be A Domestic Goddess’. The book proved to be another huge success and was voted ‘Cookery Book of the Year’ by the Guild of Food Writers in 2001.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento